Wednesday, November 5, 2025

I'm not dead.... and my capture card is working!!!

 

        Hi! I know, it's been a little over a month since the last time I posted something. I have been really busy with college, and I also started having some health issues, but we won't get into that here.         A few weeks back, I modded my Slim PS3 and added a 1TB SSD from an old laptop. (It seems to be running fine so far; when I have the money, I will buy a brand-new SSD, since this one is old and wasn't in that good condition.) After that, I did the usual: download a few games and test them out. After all those tests, I got a bit nostalgic for some of the PS3 games, but I also wanted to record some of the footage. I started looking online for ways to record the PS3, and I found out that you need other things besides a capture card. You need an HDMI splitter and three HDMI cables. The HDMI splitter is this little box that's supposed to strip away the anti-piracy (DHCP) protection that the PS3 added to the HDMI port. You need those three cables because one comes out of the PS3 and goes into the splitter, and the other comes out of the splitter and goes into the capture card and the TV/monitor.         Unfortunately, this setup is kind of messy, and because my PC is on one part of my room and the TV is on the opposite part, you can imagine the mess it creates. (not something impossible to solve, just to keep in mind if you are planning to do this yourself) I'll also add a few pictures and maybe even a guide on how to set this up a little later. 
 
 

 
This was more of an update post, just to show that I'm not dead. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few photos of my cats.

          Since I haven't posted in a long time, I thought I should post some photos with my cats. I also do this because I'm a bit ...