Friday, July 4, 2025

Highschool of the Elite - First season impression


         

        Started watching this anime at a friend's recommendation. He wanted to watch the second and third season together with me. At first, I thought it was just the typical show where the MC acts mysteriously and somehow ends up making a friend. (That happens to an extent, but I just wanted to write that down to show you how unrealistic that sounds) 

Turns out, it’s a captivating show with a fresh idea and a twist to your typical idea of high-school anime. Found an interesting fact while researching online about the show: The first episode was streamed online on Abema TV on 01.07.2017. The regular television broadcast started on 12.07.2017. Also, the first episode received an early screening at a special event held at Science Museum Science Hall in Chiyoda, Tokyo on 24.06.2017. 

Summary: Ayanokouji is a student at Koudo Ikusei Senior High School. He passed the entrance exam with exactly 50 points in each subject. Most of the people think he is an average student that isn’t good at school or anything else, but appearances can be deceiving. Here, he starts making friends with people like Horikita, Kikyou and other students. He doesn’t have any motivation to do anything other than the bare minimum. Even when he’s helping his friends, he likes remaining unnoticed and lets other people take credit for his work. 


 

T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ a̶r̶e̶ m̶o̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ h̶e̶ s̶h̶o̶w̶s̶ g̶e̶n̶u̶i̶n̶e̶ i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶ a̶n̶d̶ c̶o̶n̶c̶e̶r̶n̶ (̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ b̶e̶ a̶ b̶i̶t̶ m̶u̶c̶h̶)̶ t̶o̶w̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ h̶i̶s̶ c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶m̶a̶t̶e̶s̶. At the end, you find out that the only thing that interests him is to win. No matter the cost or the sacrifices (friends, allies) Throughout the anime, class D is tested by the school, and sabotaged by the other classes (A through C). He realizes that the only way to win and to make it to the top is by helping the class. (Probably his only motivation to help them.)  


 

I’ll post an update once I watch the other two seasons. I’ve heard pretty mixed opinions about them, but I’m still curious to see how things unfold and if they end up reaching the top. 

Do I recommend it? Sure, give it a go if you have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few photos of my cats.

          Since I haven't posted in a long time, I thought I should post some photos with my cats. I also do this because I'm a bit ...