Had this anime on my watch list for years, but for some reason I always watched other things and left it there. After watching it, I truly feel sorry for not picking it up sooner. It is truly a masterpiece. I never in my life imagined that there could be an American anime that can surpass the ones made in the Japan. (Yes, I know that the animation is made by a Japanese studio)
The premise is simple, yet complex at the same time. (two headbands: the number one and the number two) In those short 5 episodes, you feel the whole repertoire of emotions. You feel sad for Afro and his sad backstory, you laugh alongside Ninja Ninja (the man that keeps following Afro), you also feel bad for the orphans and how Afro's decision ended their lives much sooner than it should. More importantly, you feel badass watching the fighting scenes. My favorite fighting scene was the one where he gets to fight his clone. He remembers his master's words, and defeats it by exploiting its biggest flaw, being limited to Afro's style.(by using something unpredictable, he easily defeats it)
One of the saddest moments for me was realizing that maybe he could've saved Otsuru and made peace with Jinno, but after reaching him, everyone except the both of them were dead.
I don't really have much more to say about the show. It's pretty short, and I don't want to spoil more than I already did.
So, go watch it!


No comments:
Post a Comment