Saturday, September 6, 2025

Repairing my friends laptop (Part 1)

A few weeks ago, one of my friends gave me his laptop to take a look at it.
Unfortunately for him, he lost the charger. So 50$ went on a new charger.

After charging the laptop I booted into Windows 10, and it was moving like a Windows 98 pc that was trying to run Windows 10. Ended up making a fresh install of Windows 10 after backing up any important data my friend had on the laptop, but the problem was still there.
 

After doing a quick check up, the laptop was seeing only 8gb of ram out of the 16 it came with and the SSD was sitting comfortably at 100%.
After installing Crystaldiskinfo, I discovered that the SSD's health was BAD. (Probably because nobody opened that laptop in two years)



The screen also started developing some weird white spots and a line of dead pixels.

After talking with my friend, we both agreed that we'll repair the laptop in time, since it would be a bit costy for him to buy a new SSD, a new ram stick and probably a new screen if we manage to track one down.

I'll post new updates once we get the components.

Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few photos of my cats.

          Since I haven't posted in a long time, I thought I should post some photos with my cats. I also do this because I'm a bit ...