Saturday, September 6, 2025

Repairing my friends laptop (Part 2)

Since I was really lazy and didn't bother posting on time, you'll get these posts all at once.


 

The components arrived the next day after placing the order, and I assembled the laptop. After I turned it on, the laptop was running much smoother. (The main problem seemed to be the old SSD.) Unfortunately, the laptop was still recognizing 8 GB of RAM instead of 16.


 

I decided to take it apart again and remove the RAM stick. Surprise, surprise, the soldered RAM wasn't working, and the laptop was only running on the RAM stick I bought. Unfortunately, this procedure requires me to replace the motherboard, and with how old this laptop is, it's not worth it. (plus it's really tedious) 

 My friend decided to not replace the screen, since he is going to give this laptop away to his little sister.

 

P.S. Sorry for not taking more photos of the process, after getting my hands of the components I kind of rushed to fix it and give it back to him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few photos of my cats.

          Since I haven't posted in a long time, I thought I should post some photos with my cats. I also do this because I'm a bit ...